Building off of the hype surrounding the 2016 UEFA European Championship, SSE Airtricity developed a strategic campaign with the aim of increasing customer acquisition. Customers were encouraged to sign up to SSE Airtricity in return for either a free Republic of Ireland jersey or €50 welcome credit. To avail of the offer customers were required to sign up to SSE Airtricity’s 1-year dual fuel, or 1-year electricity tariffs.
SSE Airtricity understand the importance of creating a seamless customer experience. They, therefore, chose to work alongside Dataconversion for software development & campaign fulfilment due to our wealth of experience in this area.
Dataconversion built a comprehensive online ordering system which enabled new SSE Airtricity customers to log onto a microsite and claim either an Irish football jersey (in various sizes) or €50 credit off their first bill.
The project included the following technical solutions designed and built by Dataconversion:
- A customer engagement platform which sent new customers a series of triggered email notifications regarding redemption of the offer. These emails were based on a specific set of business rules developed with the client.
- A microsite which allowed customers to log in with their email address and a unique login token. From here the customer could select their offer of choice. They received a confirmation email when the order was successfully completed.
- A Management Information tool which enabled the client to see the status of redemptions and orders processed i.e. customers who ordered, didn’t order, orders processed, outstanding orders (yet to be processed).
- A daily import process which retrieved new customers’ data which Airtricity uploaded from a secure location into our database following an initial 2 week cooling off period.
- A tracking tool which monitored undeliverable email addresses and reported the same to the client.
- Seamless integration with our warehouse logistic system. This meant that where the customer selected the jersey option, our production team received the relevant instruction to allow for same-day completion and despatch of their jersey.
- Finally, a customer service email & phone number were set up in-house to deal with any customer queries or issues.
The campaign itself was a fantastic success for SSE Airtricity! It resulted in a significant acquisition of new customers to both its 1-year dual fuel & 1-year electricity plans. The rate of conversion was greatly aided by the system created by Dataconversion which allowed for a seamless customer experience.
SSE Airtricity is also delighted by the fact that Dataconversion developed the system in such a way as to allow SSE Airtricty reuse it for future projects, thus adding exceptional value to future campaigns.